Silicon Cape is a nonprofit company committed to building and catalysing the technology ecosystem in the Western Cape. Founded in 2009, by Vinny Lingham and Justin Standford, the organisation has grown to over 10 000 individual members, representing over 500 organisations with close ties with other professional bodies such as Wesgro, CITI and Global Entrepreneurship, the government of the Western Cape and the City of Cape Town.
Its primary focus is supporting the development of high growth, high tech businesses in the Western Cape to kick-start meaningful economic growth, build new industries and create jobs.
benefitS FOR OPEN MEMBERS
OPEN is Silicon Cape's official work & event space partner. The Silicon Cape team works out of Workshop17. The monthly tech talks in Workshop17 bring inspiring content as well as a crowd of about 200 people for each event.
BENEFITS FOR silicon cape members
Silicon Cape members receive a 50% discount on our community membership: paying R350 in stead of R700 incl VAT.
This gives you:
- Uncapped high speed internet at any of our café's, operated daily from 7:30 to 18:00.
- 4 Space Credits which can be used to book 2 days in any co-working space or a couple of hours in one of our many meeting rooms around the country.
- A business address, should you need one.
- Access to our community through our online member portal my.OPEN, which has unique member events monthly, special offers from our partners and a directory of our community should you be looking to connect with like minded people.
- 15% off any additional meeting room bookings and membership upgrade, should you wish to upgrade.